Once an invoice is created, you have the option of sending it to your client via email.
First, you need to go to the invoice view screen (you’ll automatically go here after creating an invoice).
If you wish to attach files to the invoice, scroll to the Attachments section to add and/or select files to include in the email.
Next, from the top menu, click “Print & Send” to expand the dropdown menu. You will be presented with three options
- Send Invoice: Will send the invoice with the subject line and messaging you provide
- Send Reminder: Will add “REMINDER” to the beginning of the email subject line. This will also update the invoice history to reflect that a reminder has been sent. Use this option if you need to remind a client that payment is due.
- Send Updated Invoice: Will add “UPDATED” to the beginning of the subject line. Use this option if you make corrections to an invoice you’ve previously sent (e.g. change of address, due date, amount, etc.).
After choosing the type of email you wish to send, the Email Invoice window will appear, giving you several options to modify before the email is sent.
Subject: The email subject line. This will default to the subject that you entered when you created the invoice. If this is a Reminder or Updated invoice email, the appropriate phrase will be appended to the beginning of the subject (e.g. ‘REMINDER: Web Design Invoice’)
Also, as shown in the “NOTE:” under the subject field, your business name and invoice number will also be included in the subject line.
EXAMPLE: If you are sending a reminder, the full subject line would be something like…
REMINDER: Web Design Invoice (Invoice # INV-0001 from Flare Up, Inc.)
Message to Customer: This is the message that is displayed at the top of the email. You can change it as needed.
Please note that this only pertains to the top portion of the email. The actual invoice will follow, and finally the email signature will be generated as shown here:
1. The hyperlink clients will use to view and/or pay the invoice online
2. Your name, business name and email address are added to the bottom of the message.
CC: Enter email address to be copied on the email message. You can save this email address as a new contact for the client.
Allow Partial Pay: Specifies if you want to allow the invoice to accept partial payments.
Send me a copy: Use this to indicate if you want to be copied (BCC’d) on the email message.
Schedule You can either send the invoice now or schedule a future date when the email should be automatically sent.
Once you’ve set your options, click “Send Invoice” to send it. Your invoice history will be updated to reflect that the email has been sent.