In order for clients to pay your invoices online, you need to setup one or more payment gateway accounts. Currently, you can use either PayPal or Stripe.
Navigating to the Payment Settings Page
- Locate and click on your name in the upper-right corner to expand the dropdown menu. Then click “Online Payments“
2. You will be directed to the payment settings page.
Setting Up PayPal
To setup PayPal, all that’s needed is the email address associated with your PayPal account.
Type your email address into the “PayPal Email Address” field, then click “Save Settings“.
If you do not have a PayPal account, click the “create a business account here” link to create your account, then return to the Payment Settings page to add your email address.
Setting Up Stripe
In order to accept payments through your Stripe account, it needs to be connected to your Flare Invoice account.
- To get started, click the blue “Connect with Stripe” button shown above.
- You will be redirected to Stripe’s account registration/login page.
- If you have an existing account, click the “Sign In” link in the upper-right.
- After logging in, you will be prompted to connect your account. Click the “Connect my Stripe Account” button.
- If you do not have a Stripe account, proceed to complete the registration form. You’ll need to supply the following information:
- Business information: Includes location, website and EIN (if applicable)
- Personal details: Your name, date of birth and SSN (last 4 digits)
- Credit Card Statement Details: The business name and phone number that should appear on your customers’ credit card statements
- Banking Details: The bank account where customer payments will be deposited
- Toward the bottom of the form, click the “Authorize Access to this Account” button.
- After authorizing the account, you will be taken back to your Payment Settings page, and your account will show as being connected.
Once you’ve set up one or more payment accounts, you can then all the online payment option(s) to invoices.